Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
For a change of pace. From Our Best Home Cooking, courtesy of Moriches Bay Realty.
Make and share this Peachy Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice, cooked in plain water, hot
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked in plain water, hot
- 1 (16 ounce) can yellow cling peaches, unsweetened, drained, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- fresh parsley sprig (optional)
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and add margarine.
- Heat over medium-high until hot and add celery and green onions and saute until tender.
- Stir in long-grain and brown rice, chopped peaches, salt, curry, and ginger.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley if desired. Serve warm.