For a change of pace. From Our Best Home Cooking, courtesy of Moriches Bay Realty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice, cooked in plain water, hot
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked in plain water, hot
- 1 (16 ounce) can yellow cling peaches, unsweetened, drained, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- fresh parsley sprig (optional)
- 1Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and add margarine.
- 2Heat over medium-high until hot and add celery and green onions and saute until tender.
- 3Stir in long-grain and brown rice, chopped peaches, salt, curry, and ginger.
- 4Cover and cook on low for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley if desired. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peachy Rice
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.5
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 118.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g