Recipe by Deere Mom
My family demands this recipe with our black-eyed peas and cabbage on New Year's Day. It is easy to make ahead and reheat.
- 5 lbs center-cut pork loin roast or 5 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups peach preserves
- 6 tablespoons sherry wine (not cooking sherry)
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate pork in sauce made from soy sauce, sherry, garlic, cinnamon and thyme for minimum 4 hours (overnight is best), turning several times.
- Line the bottom of a roaster pan with tin foil and spray the rack with non-stick spray.
- Place the pork on the rack (save the marinade!) and roast at 325 for 30 minutes per pound.
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the sauce. Combine the reserved marinade, peach preserves, chili sauce, and 1 C of water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Watch it closely because it can easily boil over.
- Remove the pork and slice into servings. Add the remaining 1/2 C of water to the pan drippings and add all to the marinade mixture.
- Place pork slices in a 13x9 pan. Pour the sauce over the roast slices. Cover and bake for at least 30 minutes at 325.