Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from my Mom & Dad. Enjoy!
- 2 -3 lbs boneless pork loin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) peach slices in heavy syrup, undrained
- In blender combine all ingredients, but pork; blend until smooth.
- Place pork in large, heavy plastic bag; pour half of peach sauce over roast and refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate the remaining sauce.
- The next day, prepare grill by arranging a drip pan surrounded by medium-hot coals; if using a gas grill, heat to medium temperature.
- Add hickory chips, dampened with water to heat source.
- Place pork on grill over drip pan; baste often with remaining sauce until internal temperature reaches 155-160 degrees, about 60 minutes.
- Let meat stand 10 minutes; slice thin and serve with heated reserved peach sauce.