Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are super yummy pork chops. DH does not like peaches but still likes the chops with the sauce (if you have any picky eaters also) Enjoy!
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (17 ounce) can peach halves in syrup, diced and syrup reserved
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Mix 1 tbs. cornstarch & 1 tbs. soy sauce. Dip chops into mixture and brown on both sides. About 4 minute each side or until cooked through (cook time will depend on the thickness of your chops). Remove and keep warm.
- Drain peaches, reserving liquid.
- Mix peach syrup with 1 tbs. cornstarch, 1 tbs. soy sauce, vinegar and mustard.
- Add sauce to skillet and cook until thickened.
- Add diced peaches and serve warm over pork chops.
This is another recipe I prepared before Thanksgiving & am just now getting around to reviewing! Absolutely great, we thought! Loved the combo of flavors, & of course, for us the fruity flavor of the peaches was at the top of the list! As with another reviewer, I had only a 15-oz can of peaches available, but everything else was pretty much as given in the recipe! As left-overs, these chops were still right up there in the satisfaction department! A definite keeper of a recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This was pretty good, made as directed except had only a 15 oz can of sliced peaches and 2 chops. Good flavor and easy to make. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game. Thanks for sharing KL! :)
I thought these were ok. I had quite a few problems along the way so I don't know if it was my cooking or the recipe itself. I had to cook my chops quite a bit longer than suggested to cook them fully through. Unfortunately I didn't notice they weren't done until I had already cooked the sauce and so I had to add them back in to the skillet and take the sauce out which may have cooked a tad bit longer than needed while I fiddled with the chops. By the time I finally got the chops done and put the peaches and sauce over them the peaches sorta lost a lot of their flavor. And overall the peach/sauce mix didn't have a lot of flavor to it. The times I did get a good flavorful bite of peaches along with the chop it was a pleasant combo so I think it was a good pairing I just wonder if there is a better way to do it or if it was my error.