Recipe by French Fried Texan
Deliciously tender pork chops with a twist--peaches! I've used white sugar and omitted the ginger and/or substituted cinnamon and it still comes out great. Fabulous served with rice with almonds and raisins and green bean bundles.
Top Review by hmm426
This was a winner!! My family (even the kids!) loved it, and it was so easy to prepare! I took the recommendation of almond raisin rice as a side, and it was a snap! I used brown minute rice, and added shaved almond to the water right away while it was coming to a boil. This softened them a little since the minute rice cooks in 5 minutes. I added the raisins at the same time as the rice, and it all turned out wonderfully. A great complimentary side!! Perfect for a delicious weeknight meal!
- 4 pork chops (1.25 inch thick)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches in light syrup, drained and syrup reserved
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Trim all visible fat from chops and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brown chops in vegetable oil.
- Combine reserved peach syrup, brown sugar and ginger. Pour over chops and bring to a boil. Add peaches and cook, uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced to half and thick. Turn chops occasionally to insure even cooking.