Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This recipe is from Alberta, Canada, from the fine folks at Robin Hood Flour. These freeze rally well.
Top Review by twissis
Today was muffin day in Iceland as I made 2 of your muffin recipes for the Camera-less Chef game. This was the 1st & I admit I was attracted to this recipe for 2 reasons - milk is not an ingredient & peach-flavoured baby food is an ingredient! These are not the prettiest muffins I have ever made, but they are among the best. They are easy to fix, baked to a brown crunchy top in exactly 20 min, were light as a feather inside & the taste was TDF! I was very impressed & believe a whole variety of baby food fruit flavours will work well here. I even shared the recipe w/a friend here w/2 sml children allergic to milk. They are so perfect for her family. DH gave me 1 of his ARE YOU CRAZY? looks when he saw baby food on the grocery list, but I bet he will not mind buying more the next time. Thx for sharing this unique & keeper recipe w/us. Yum!
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups Robin Hood all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup peach baby food
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350ºF. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- COMBINE flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture, alternately with baby food. Spoon batter into paper-lined or greased muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- BAKE at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans; transfer to racks and cool completely.
- You can use other types of baby food such as apple or apricot.