Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy to make bread. It is also great when used for French toast.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups peach puree (about 6-8 medium size peaches)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl cream the sugar and the shortening. Add eggs and blend well.
- Add the peach puree and the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add vanilla and gently stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8" loaf pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from loaf pan.
This was easy to make, and very tasty! My bread turned out too fragile to make French toast with, but that sounds delicious. And I did get two loaves from this recipe, rather than one.