Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Non-vegans can make this peaches and cream by using milk or cream. Makes a great on-the-go breakfast!
- 1 (14 ounce) cansliced peaches (save half the juice in the can!)
- 3⁄4 cup ice
- 1 cup vanilla soymilk (I like Silk Very Vanilla, almond & rice milks work too)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger (or a very small piece of gingerroot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash allspice
- Open the can of peaches and be sure to cut off any pieces that have stone bits in them. Reserve half the juice from the can.
- Pour everything into a blender and pulse until blended.
I took my time with this recipe & drained the peaches (keeping the juice) & froze the fruit overnight, & then I eliminated the ice when I made the smoothie in the morning! Although I used milk with 2% fat, I passed the recipe alont to my DIL since she uses soymilk all the time! Most of my smoothies don't use much in the way of spices, so the combo of the 3 in this recipe was most satisfying! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for the VIP in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 17]