Recipe by Sharon123
A peachy keen way to serve up pancakes! Yogurt adds protein and helps leaven these exceptionally tender pancakes.If desired, other fruit yogurts can be substituted for the peach. From Country Living Magazine.
Top Review by Kree
These pancakes are absolutely delicious! My father said they should get 12 stars! They're definitely a great way to get your fill of peaches during peach season. I used Peach soy yogurt for dietary reasons, and did opt to add a chopped peach. It didn't say in the directions whether the peach should be added to the batter or just served on top of the pancakes, so I chose to fold it into the batter right before grilling the pancakes, and that worked out great. I can't wait to try this with other fruits and other flavored yogurts! Thanks for a great recipe, Sharon!
- 1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat peach yogurt
- 1 small peach, peeled,chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more (for frying)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- maple syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, with wire whisk, beat together egg, yogurt, water, 1 tbls.
- oil, and the vanilla until blended.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, gently stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- (Mixture will be a bit lumpy and thick, more like a cake batter than a traditional pancake batter.) Lightly oil a griddle or 6-inch skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Spread a 1/4 cup of batter on griddle to make a 4-inch pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form and begin to break on top surface; flip pancake and cook until bottom is golden brown.
- Remove pancake and keep warm on a baking sheet in 200*F.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil to skillet as necessary.
- Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup, if desired.