Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are a real treat for Sunday morning breakfast - light and fluffy yet healthy, too. Wonderful served with raspberry jam.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 peaches, peeled and finely chopped
- In a large bowl, stir together the two flours, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- Whisk together the yogurt, milk, butter and eggs; pour over the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat; brush with vegetable oil.
- Using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, pour into the skillet; sprinkle 1 tablespoons peaches over each.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until the bottom is golden and bubbles break on top but do not fill inches.
- Turn and cook for about 2 minutes or until the uncooked side is golden.