Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found on a B&B website, credit given to Folkestone Inn. Very nice as a brunch offering - the topping makes them extra good! (And you will have lots of extra topping for future batches).
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (can sub reduced-fat and probably plain yogurt)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can peaches, drained and diced
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 teaspoons butter or 8 teaspoons margarine, slightly softened
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Make the topping, blending all ingredients with pastry blender or fork, for a course consistency.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg, sour cream, milk, vanilla and oil.
- Gently stir in the peaches.
- Add the peach mixture to the dry ingredient mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Do not overmix or you will have tough muffins.
- Fill the muffin cups with batter, and sprinkle each muffin generously with topping.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
Sorry, but our family found these to have a strange taste and texture. The topping was too floury. We actually threw them out! Sorry, just our opinion!
Youve done it again,Lorenlou!a winner!
These muffins are very easy to make and have a great flavor. I love how the topping makes them a little sweeter and gives them a nice crunchy texture. I used soy yogurt in place of the sour cream and soy milk in place of the milk. I ended up with 15 large muffins. I also halved the topping ingredients still ended up with about 3 times as much as I needed. I guess I'll just have to make these again soon to use it up!