Recipe by LorenLou
Found on a B&B website, credit given to Folkestone Inn. Very nice as a brunch offering - the topping makes them extra good! (And you will have lots of extra topping for future batches).
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (can sub reduced-fat and probably plain yogurt)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can peaches, drained and diced
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 teaspoons butter or 8 teaspoons margarine, slightly softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Make the topping, blending all ingredients with pastry blender or fork, for a course consistency.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg, sour cream, milk, vanilla and oil.
- Gently stir in the peaches.
- Add the peach mixture to the dry ingredient mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Do not overmix or you will have tough muffins.
- Fill the muffin cups with batter, and sprinkle each muffin generously with topping.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.