Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced peaches
- 2 (3 ounce) packages peach Jell-O
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping, thawed
- Drain peaches and reserve 2/3 cup juice.
- Chop peaches into small pieces. Set aside.
- In large bowl, dissolve jello and sugar in boiling water.
- Stir in reserved juice.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Stir extract into whipped topping.
- Gently fold into jello mixture.
- Pour into oiled 6 cup mold.
- Chill thoroughly.
Inez, you are right this IS lovely. So light and creamy. Followed the recipe as written and we had a fabulous jello mold. I will be using this often!
This was a beautiful and delicious congealed jello salad. I used fresh peaches that we canned last summer. It had a lovely creamy texture and was more like a dessert. I served it on salad plates over lettuce leaves. Just beautiful. Thanks Inez, for another fine recipe.
This was very tasty - very light. I used a 7 oz package of jello and it still was a bit wet - I would say make sure you drain the peaches very well after you cut them up.