Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Oh so good in the summer using fresh peaches! Enjoy! Adapted courtesy of Ingrid Hoffmann, but changed up a little.
- 236.59 ml orange juice (or water or peach juice)
- 118.29 ml fresh mint leaves, plus extra mint sprigs for garnish
- 709.77 ml chopped fresh peaches, plus a few extra slices for garnish (about 5 peaches)
- 236.59 ml vanilla ice cream (or vanilla frozen yogurt)
- In a small saucepan, bring the orange juice(or water or peach juice) and the mint leaves to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and let the mint leaves steep for 5 minutes.
- Let the mint mixture cool to room temperature.
- Place the mint water (including leaves-optional) peaches, ice cream and 1 cup of ice cubes in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve immediately in chilled glasses and garnish with a slice of peach and a sprig of mint.
My son and I enjoyed this shake SO much. I made it with the vanilla ice cream and used orange juice as the liquid in the recipe. After making the o.j.-mint mixture, I strained out the mint leaves before proceeding with the recipe as I wasn't sure the blender would cut them up finely enough. I had some perfectly ripe peaches and mixed everything together to make a wonderfully flavorful and frothy treat. The mint added a fresh, but mild flavor. This is a really delicious shake and a good way to get your day's worth of fruit!
OH MY !!! DS and I are enjoying now as I speak, I used orange juice and ice cream. This is simply GREAT !! ,Made for 4, so I better go upstairs and grab my other half of this before DS does. Made for PRMR TAG.