Peachy Keen Hotlanta Cole Slaw
- Mix cabbage, carrots, peaches and green onions together in large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together mayonnaise, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup vinegar and all other ingredients. This is a very thin, tart dressing. If you like it sweeter, add a tablespoon (or more) of sugar or juice from any canned fruit you may be using. Taste the dressing and add the 1/4 cup additonal lemon juice or vinegar if desired. Add more mayo if you want it thicker. (I happen to prefer it not so sweet and very tangy.).
- Toss dressing well with cabbage mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to meld.
- Top with chopped pecans before serving.
- I sometimes substitute canned mandarin orange segments for the peaches. Canned or frozen peaches can also be used.
- If you have a farm style head of cabbage, use the large outer green leaves to line your serving bowl for a nice presentation.
- Recipe is easily cut in half.