Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy, healthy, and delicious. Once you've tried this, treat yourself to an entire range of new flavors guilt-free by experimenting with oranges and other fruits instead of peaches.
- 2 bananas
- 3 fresh peaches, pit removed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 4 tablespoons fresh blueberries, for topping (optional)
- Peel and slice your banana. Slice peaches and remove pits.
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and puree.
- Place in freezer overnight or for at least 3 hours. Allow to partially thaw just before serving so your sherbet has a thick, cold texture like ice cream.
- Top off each serving with a tablespoon of fresh blueberries and a teaspoon of crushed walnuts, if desired.
This is a lovely, guilt-free dessert or snack. Easy to make and nice on a hot day. Very cinnamon, but I love cinnamon so that's good. I divided this recipe by 3 and used one peach, 2/3 of a banana (the rest went on my morning cereal), one teaspoon each of cinnamon and splenda and my guess at 1/3 teaspoon of nutmeg. I put the puree in a ziplock baggie to freeze. Tip: break up the ice every hour to prevent it from freezing to a solid lump (if it's in a baggie you can just squeeze the baggie to break up the ice). When I was ready to serve it, I formed it into a ball right in the baggie and transferred it to a dish. Very tasty and gives me all kinds of ideas on how to do this to other fruit, thanks for posting.