Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
An easy and very tasty grilled chicken.
- 8 chicken pieces
- 1 (284 ml) cansliced peaches
- 50 ml water
- 50 ml lime juice
- 25 ml brown sugar
- 5 ml dry mustard
- 2 ml nutmeg
- 2 ml salt
- 5 ml butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- Place chicken pieces in a heavy plastic bag and set in glass bowl.
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Cover peaches and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine peach syrup, water, lime juice, sugar, mustard, nutmeg and salt; pour over chicken pieces and close bag tightly.
- Marinate in refrigerator 4 to 6 hours. Remove chicken reserving marinade.
- Build a medium fire in a barbeque or electric grill to medium.
- Place chicken on greased grill.
- Barbeque for 10 minutes on each side.
- Brush with marinade and continue barbequing turning occasionally and brushing with marinade until chicken is tender and browned on both sides. About 20 to 25 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking time, melt butter in a small pan on side of grill. Sauté the onions and minutes and keep warm, add the peaches.
- Serve the chicken pieces topped with onion and peace slices.