Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adapted this from Better Homes & Gardens Diabetic cookbook. I have changed a few things. They say in the testing kitchen, they discovered if they added a little vanilla extract to the shake, they didn't need a sweetner. Feel free to add a little honey or sweetner if you feel it needs it. If you partially freeze the banana and yogurt, you can leave out the ice.
- 1 (8 ounce) can peach halves in juice, do not drain
- 1⁄2 ripe small banana
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt (or use peach or vanilla yogurt if you like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cube
- In a blender container, combine undrained peaches, banana, yogurt and vanilla.
- Cover and blend till smooth.
- Add ice cubes; cover and blend until frothy.
- Makes 2(1 1/4 cup) servings. Enjoy!
Simple to make and with ingredients I always have on hand..this was great, made a satisfying afternoon snack for 4 yr old DD.
Scaled this back for 1 serve for the DM and she loved the sweet taste of the fruits blended with the tartiness of the yoghurt. Thank you Sharon 123, made for Recipe Swap #37, February 2010.