1/4 Photos of Peachy Fresh Fruit Salad With a Flourish of Angelica and Mint!
French Tart's Note:
This was the first thing I was taught to make at secondary school in Domestic Science! We were all taught to make basic lemon syrup for the fruit salad, a great classic and a standard recipe that I have never forgotten! However, here I have deviated a little and have taken advantage of some excellent local peach syrup instead of the homemade lemon syrup I usually make; and I have garnished the salad with mint and angelica from my herb garden. I have suggested certain fruits to use, but the beauty of a fresh fruit salad is that you can always rustle one up with whatever you have locally and to hand. Serve with fresh pouring cream for a real treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 charentaise melon or 1/2 other local melon, peeled and diced
- 2 ounces green seedless grapes
- 1 red apple, cored but not peeled
- 1 green apple, cored but not peeled
- 1 orange
- 1 banana
- 1 ounce black currants
- lemon juice
- peach syrup (made up with cold water to 5 fl.oz. )
- fresh mint sprig
- fresh angelica leaf
- 1Cut the apples into bite sized pieces and the bananas into slices - then squeeze a little lemon juice on them.
- 2Add the grapes, melon chunks, segmented orange and blackcurrants.
- 3Pour the peach juice over the fruit and leave to stand for at least an hour before serving.
- 4Garnish with fresh mint leaves or sprigs and anglelica leaves. Serve with single pouring cream or yoghurt.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peachy Fresh Fruit Salad With a Flourish of Angelica and Mint!
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: