Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in one of our local electric co-op magazines. Quick, simple, and oh so goooood!!!
- 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches in juice
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spread peaches and juice in the bottom of a 13X9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with oil.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over peaches, evenly.
- Do not pack into the peaches.
- Pour melted butter over the cake mix.
- Mix the coconut and pecans together and spread evenly on top of butter cake mix.
- Bake 55-60 minutes.
I recommended this recipe to someone after I tried it and told them it was so easy to put together that it was almost illegal! How fast can you open a can peaches, a box of cake mix, etc. -- that's it. I will say it's on the sweet side -- so for anyone who doesn't like a real sweet dessert (then why bother to have dessert) -- this may be a little on the sweet side. It smelled devine while baking. We served it as is, by itself. But I think some vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream would be fantastic. This is a great recipe to have in your collection. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.
I made 3 pans of this tonight for a catering job I have tomorrow. I could not believe how simple it was, I really didn't think it would work LOL! It was really hard not to eat it all, we each tasted a piece and it was fabulous, like a delicious home made peach cobbler! Thanks for a wonderful recipe that I am sure will please my clients! :) Feb/09 Just wanted to add that I've now made this a regular dessert for my clients, they all rave about it and it's simple to make. I often triple the recipe and bake it in a large pan to serve 30 ppl. Thanks again JQ!
I made this for dessert over the weekend, and the family devoured it in no time. It was easy to make and the taste was very good. I thought the coconut was an interesting addition to the cobbler. Thanks for sharing!