Recipe by Annisette
I make this often - the kids love it! Goes great with a salad.
Top Review by Kkikii
This was really yummy. I used rice instead of orzo, and it still cooked great. I also left out the bell pepper since I'm not a fan of them. The only bummer was that cooking the rice with the peach juice didn't get as much of the peach flavor that I thought it would have. I might throw in a splash of soy sauce next time for a little extra oomph
- 1 (16 ounce) can unsweetened sliced peaches
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup orzo pasta or 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt substitute (like Mrs. Dash)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the peaches. Reserve the liquid.
- In a large skillet, bring the wine to a boil. Add in the chicken and brown.
- Stir in the onion and bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the reserved peach liquid, orzo (or rice), water, oil, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until orzo is cooked.
- Stir in the peaches. Heat through.
- Adjust seasonings and serve.