1/5 Photos of Peachy Chicken With Orzo
I make this often - the kids love it! Goes great with a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can unsweetened sliced peaches
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup orzo pasta or 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute (like Mrs. Dash)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Drain the peaches. Reserve the liquid.
- 2In a large skillet, bring the wine to a boil. Add in the chicken and brown.
- 3Stir in the onion and bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add in the reserved peach liquid, orzo (or rice), water, oil, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until orzo is cooked.
- 5Stir in the peaches. Heat through.
- 6Adjust seasonings and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peachy Chicken With Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.0
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 30.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 13.0 g