Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I cut this recipe out of our local newspaper years ago. Great to use when peaches are in season.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- Put 1/2 inch oil in a skillet; set on medium high heat.
- Combine peaches and orange juice with brown sugar, vinegar, nutmeg, basil and garlic in saucepan; cook slowly 10 minutes.
- Dredge chicken in flour, salt and pepper; brown in skillet.
- Remove oil, replace chicken in skillet and cover with sauce.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Loved the smell of this simmering! A different taste that I didn't expect given the ingredients. Super simple to prepare. Thanks for the recipe, Whisper.