Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this from a mailer and wanted to post it for later rather than keeping another scrap of paper! Looks good and would be a good summer recipe.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (16 ounce) canned peach halves (drained)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add flour, salt and pepper to storage bag and shake chicken breasts to coat.
- Place butter and cooking oil in frying pan and add chicken; brown on each side.
- Place browned chicken in a greased casserole dish.
- Mix orange juice, vinegar, brown sugar, basil and nutmeg together and pour over chicken breasts.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes basting often.
- Removed from oven; place peach halves between chicken pieces and baste.
- Cook uncovered in oven for 15 more minutes.
Very nice result.. Full of flavors. made this as written though I subbed apple juice for the orange juice. Peaches were a nice fit for this too. Made for a nice dish with one of my smashed mashed potato recipes. Made for Zaar Stars.
For this recipe I chose to use pineapple instead of orange juice in our recipe. After reading the reviews I also chose to add some of my moms Peach jam to this recipe to give it more of a peachy flavor.
We loved how good this recipe turned out. The flavors blended so well together.
I would say this is a very nice recipe to try.
This was very good. I would double the peaches next time. I used chicken thighs (bone in) so it took longer to cook. Kids gobbled it down.