Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Who would have thought that peaches and chicken tasted so good together! MMMMmmmm Serve over a bed of rice. Very easy to prepare.
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches, reserve liquid, set aside
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves, and
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Drain can of peaches reserving liquid set aside.
- In large skillet brown chicken pieces in 1 Tbs of oil.
- Combine reserved peach liquid ,thawed oj concentrate,malt vinegar,brown sugar,dried basil leaf, salt,cloves,cinnamon,pepper
- pour over chicken.
- Cover and simmer about 25-30 minute.
- Add peaches;heat.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into sauce.
- Heat stirring until sauce is thickened.
- makes 4-5 servings.