Recipe by Chris Reynolds
This recipe is from the back of a bottle of Heinz malt vinegar. It is close to some of the other recipes for "Peachy Chicken", but has a few differences.
- 453.59 g can peach slices, drained and reserve juice
- 1133.98 g skinless chicken pieces
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 59.14 ml malt vinegar
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml dried basil leaves
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, brown the chicken in the oil.
- Combine the reserved peach liquied, orange concentrate, vinegar, brown sugar, basil, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and pepper. Pour over browned chicken. Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add peaches; heat. Combine 2 tbsp cornstarch and 2 tbsp water; stir into sauce. Heat, stirring, until sauce is thickened.
- Serve chicken and sauce with rice.