Recipe by Chris Reynolds
This recipe is from the back of a bottle of Heinz malt vinegar. It is close to some of the other recipes for "Peachy Chicken", but has a few differences.
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach slices, drained and reserve juice
- 2 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, brown the chicken in the oil.
- Combine the reserved peach liquied, orange concentrate, vinegar, brown sugar, basil, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and pepper. Pour over browned chicken. Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add peaches; heat. Combine 2 tbsp cornstarch and 2 tbsp water; stir into sauce. Heat, stirring, until sauce is thickened.
- Serve chicken and sauce with rice.