Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Really great and oh so easy. This recipe can be easily halved to serve a smaller number. It can also be made ahead and refrigerated until you want to cook it. An all round great recipe.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can peach slices, juice reserved
- 1 onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss chicken breasts lightly in seasoned flour,.
- Brown chicken in oil and set in a single layer in bottom of 9 X 13" dish.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until lightly glazed.
- Drain peaches, reserve juice and set peach slices aside.
- Add peach juice, barbecue sauce and soy sauce to onions and stir to blend.
- Pour mixture over chicken. Cover casserole. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake 30 minutes. If chicken has been refrigerated, bake 40 minutes. Add peppers and peach slices. Cover and return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve chicken topped with peach sauce over rice.
Not wanting to make this much chicken, I cut that ingredient down to 4 chicken breasts but made the full amount of the sauce! Also took another reviewer's suggestion & cut the chicken into bite-size pieces & had a very satisfying main dish served with a combo of rice & peas! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the All New Zaar Cookbook Tag]
I thought this was a great sweet chicken recipe. I cut my chicken into smaller pieces so the sauce would coat better. Loved it! Thanks for posting.
great tate and attractive looking. Next time I wwould add some cornstarch to thicken gravy and maybe cook peppers alittle longer