Recipe by Carolyn in Toronto
Really great and oh so easy. This recipe can be easily halved to serve a smaller number. It can also be made ahead and refrigerated until you want to cook it. An all round great recipe.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Not wanting to make this much chicken, I cut that ingredient down to 4 chicken breasts but made the full amount of the sauce! Also took another reviewer's suggestion & cut the chicken into bite-size pieces & had a very satisfying main dish served with a combo of rice & peas! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the All New Zaar Cookbook Tag]
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can peach slices, juice reserved
- 1 onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss chicken breasts lightly in seasoned flour,.
- Brown chicken in oil and set in a single layer in bottom of 9 X 13" dish.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until lightly glazed.
- Drain peaches, reserve juice and set peach slices aside.
- Add peach juice, barbecue sauce and soy sauce to onions and stir to blend.
- Pour mixture over chicken. Cover casserole. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake 30 minutes. If chicken has been refrigerated, bake 40 minutes. Add peppers and peach slices. Cover and return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve chicken topped with peach sauce over rice.