Recipe by Sharon123
This is a favorite! So easy to make, using refrigerated crescent roll dough, you'll be asked for the recipe! Adapted from Pampered Chef's "All The Best" cookbook. You can vary the fillings and make Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake or Apple Cheese Coffee Cake! Or how about Blueberry Cheese Coffee Cake? Yum!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made two of these to take to one of our last winter holiday gatherings, & both were big hits ~ Made one with peach & the other with cherry pie filling! Easy to make, & great on the presentation AND the flavor! Will certainly be making this great keeper of a recipe again & again! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond extract)
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling (or cherry, apple or blueberry pie filling)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk (or orange juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 16 triangles, reserving 4 triangles for decoration.
- On a large round pizza pan(or baking stone), arrange 12 triangles in a circle with wide ends toward the outside edge of the pan and points toward the center. The points will not meet.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a 14" circle, pressing seams together to seal. There shoud be a 3" diameter opening in center. Form a slightly raised rim along inner and outer edges of dough.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg yolk and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over dough to within 1/2" of edge. Spoon the pie filling evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut each remaining dough triangle lengthwise into three strips. Arrange dough strips evenly in spoke-like fashion over filling. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes.
- For the glaze:.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk; mix until smooth. Drizzle evenly over the coffee cake. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Enjoy!