Recipe by Jamie Lynne
Seems like an odd combination! Yummy though!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Who would have ever thought to use carrots and peaches in a cake, but it sure works, I love this cake! it's super moist with a rich buttery taste. I baked mine in an 11 x 7-inch baking pan, and that worked out great. I was looking for a recipe to use my overload of fresh peaches, and i am so happy that I found this recipe, this cake is delicious! Thanks for sharing Jamie!...Kittencal:)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- peachy frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon pureed peach
- 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Blend in eggs and carrots.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with peaches.
- Stir in nuts.
- Bake in a greased 9-inch square pan at 325 degrees for 40 minutes or u ntil done.
- Frost with peachy frosting.
- Blend cream cheese with peach puree. (To make puree, place 1 medium peach in blender. Whirl on high speed for 20 seconds or until peach is smooth) Gradually add sugar.