Recipe by PaulaG
The original recipe is from Kraft and calls for raspberries and cereal. I made adjustments to ingredients and quantities the end result was a different type of breakfast treat. I always have homemade waffles frozen and in the freezer. A store bought waffle would also work as well.
- 1 frozen low-fat whole grain waffle, lightly toasted
- 1⁄3 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- cinnamon sugar
- 3 slices canned peaches in light syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon syrup, from peach
- 2 large fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the toasted waffle on a serving plate.
- In a small dish, stir the almond extract into the cottage cheese; top the waffle with the cheese and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar.
- Place the slices of canned peaches on top, sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar and then pecans; drizzle with the syrup and garnish with quartered strawberries. Enjoy!