Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a good pudding. I like to make this in the fall or winter when comfort food is a real treat.
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) canlight sliced peaches, drained
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Spray a 3 quart baking dish with Pam.
- Place bread cubes in dish.
- Add peaches and raisins to bread, mixing gently.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and egg whites with sugar and mix well.
- Add evaporated milk, skim milk, spices and flavorings, and blend well.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread, and press bread with fork so it will soak up liquid.
- Bake at 350ºF for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
I didn't have coconut flavouring but this was really good!
My brother loves bread pudding. He and his family were over for dinner last night and I made this one just for him. I used fresh peaches that I canned over the summer. I could detect the different flavorings and my favorite was the coconut. We all thought it was very good. My husband ate what was left this morning for breakfast. Thanks, Miss Annie.
Very tasty! I followed the directions exactly. This was a very easy dessert to make. One whole loaf seemed to be too much so I used about 3/4 of the loaf and it was just right.