Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious summer cobbler. A fresh fruit delight.
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, add the brown sugar and cornstarch; stir to mix.
- Add the water; stir to mix.
- Add the peaches and blueberries.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Add in the butter, lemon juice, and vanilla; stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a 1 1/2 quart glass casserole dish; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, and baking powder; stir to combine.
- Add in the milk and butter; stir until smooth.
- Spoon topping in mounds over filling and then spread evenly.
- Mix together the 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a pick comes out clean from the topping.
- Best served warm; we sometimes spoon Cool Whip or whipped cream on top.