Prep 25 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Ball canning recipe posted at a request. Time includes setting time.
- 10 ounces frozen sweetened strawberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ascorbic acid
- 1 cup drained canned peach
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 water
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind
- When thawed, sprinkle ascorbic acid over berries.
- Add peaches and let sit 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine pectin and 1/2 cup water; boil rapidly one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and immediately add sugar and 1/4 cup water; stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add fruit to pectin and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add almonds and lemon rind.
- Pour into freezer jars; cover with tight fitting lids.
- Let stand at room temp 24 hours.
- If conserve dose not set properly, refrigeration will hasten the process.
- Freeze at 0° or lower.