Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This main dish salad is hearty enough to satisfy the meat eater in the family with the lighter fare for others. The wonderful tangy taste of the dressing is good enough to find it's way into your next marinade!
- 8 ounces cooked beef, cut into julienne strips
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 3 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 3 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -5 drops hot pepper sauce
- Cut a thin slice off one side of the meat if necessary in order to make a flat side.
- Place flat side down, cut into thin lengthwise slices.
- Then cut each slice into narrow strips about 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick.
- In a salad bowl combine romaine, spinach, peaches, avocado, tomatoes, and roast beef strips.
- To make dressing, in a screw top jar combine salad oil, vinegar, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, bottled hot pepper, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Cover and shake well to mix.
- Pour dressing on top of salad to coat meat and vegetables.
I served bowls of chicken strips and beef strips. Made the salad as written except everyone picked their own meat, dressing was mixed with the salad, so diners mixed the meat into dressed salad.