Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This recipe is SO easy and carefree. It's yummy yummy and great on the grill too. Serve it up in a sandwhich or over rice.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 32 ounces peaches, halves canned and drained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shake chicken in bag w/flour and salt&pepper.
- Brown in butter and oil.
- Transfer browned chicken in glass 13X9in casserole dish.
- Combine orange juice, vinegar, nutmeg, brown sugar and basil; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake for 1hr and 30mins or until tender; baste every 15-20mins.
- Place peach halves between chicken pieces, baste and bake uncovered for an additional 15mins.
The intro is right, this is so easy and carefree. But it's also so delicious. The peaches and pan sauce were just wonderful spooned over the cooked chicken. I can't think of a thing I would change when making this recipe again. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Tallie in Pacific NW. Made for Fall 2012 Pick-A-Chef.