Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
i wanted to use up angel food cake a not make another cold dessert. So i looked all over for a cold thing and than thought wow! i can make a bread pudding and I'll use up this angel food cake and make a yummy hot dessert.
- 1 lb angel food cake (cut in pieces)
- 1 (8 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 1 (4 ounce) box peach Jell-O, mix
- 3 cups fresh peaches (sliced) or 3 cups canned peaches (sliced)
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- butter a dish and a set aside. Preheat oven to 350* and prepare a water bath for the pudding pan. set aside. Cube the angel food cake and put in the buttered dish.
- Mix the beaten eggs well, add the instant jello,milk,vanilla into egg mixture. Pour on top of cake. Then top that with peaches, and finally add the egg mixture to the peaches and cake.
- Sprinkle the whole thing with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Finally pour 4 oz. of the apricot nectar on top.
- Place in the water bath and bake until golden brown and bubbly.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes until gold and bubbly.
- When done let cool for 20 minutes. Top with cool whip and ice cream just to cut the sweetness (ha ha).