1/5 Photos of Peachtree Street Gingerbread Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Sara 76's Note:
Use Aunt Pittypat's Caramel Icing to cover this cake. This recipe comes from the "Gone With The Wind Cook Book - Famous Southern Cooking Recipes". There is a note in the foreward which I love: "Gone With The Wind told of a style of living. as well as a romantic drama, A way of living, playing, and eating that thrilled us all." You can make this as 1 cake, or as 24 cupcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, soda, spices and salt together.
- 2Cream the butter; gradually add sugar. Cream well.
- 3Add beaten egg and the molasses; blend thoroughly.
- 4Stir in sifted dry ingredients alternating with hot water.
- 5Beat until smooth after each addition.
- 6Pour into a greased 9"x9" shallow pan, and bake at 180C for 45-50 minutes.
- 8Pour into greased and floured cup cake pans and bake at 190C for 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peachtree Street Gingerbread Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 169.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g