Recipe by Big Sis
A Diffrent Baked Bean. Great with a BBQ. I use Bush's #10 can (6 lbs and 10 oz of baked beans) I also use Canned Peach Pie filling.
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 7 lbs baked beans
- 3 cups peach pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons your favorite barbecue rub
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook, stirring, until somewhat crispy and its fat has rendered.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, leaving the fat in the skillet.
- Add the pepper and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a large baking pan.
- Add the bacon, beans, pie filling, barbecue sauce, and rub to the pan.
- Mix to combine and bake, uncovered, until hot and bubbly, about 1 hour.