Recipe by Brookelynne26
From Ottolenghi The Cookbook. Make sure you use nice ripe peaches. Grilling the peaches can be skipped if you wish, it just adds a bit a smokiness to the salad. Speck is a juniper flavored Italian cured ham. If you cannot find it you may substitute prosciutto or pancetta. 50 grams is equal to about 2 ounces.
- 5 ripe peaches
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 endives, leaves separated
- 50 g watercress
- 50 g baby chard leaves
- 100 g speck, thinly sliced (10-12 slices)
- coarse sea salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons orange blossom water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the stones. Slice each half into 3 wedges, place in a bowl with the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Place the peaches on a well heated grill pan and grill for a minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients, apart from the oil, in a bowl and whisk to combine. Trickle the oil in slowly while you whisk to get a thick dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a serving platter, arrange layers of peach, endive, watercress, chard and speck. Spoon enough dressing over top to coat the salad without drenching it.