Recipe by love4culinary
This is a very beautiful & light dessert! Prep time is a little screwy.. it takes about 25 mins to get everything together... 3 hours to actually allow peaches to cool.. and 35 mins to fry fritters. Sorry if timing is a little off!)
Top Tweak by Geema
Very different and interesting dessert. I used mangoes instead of peaches, soaked them in some sweet German wine and they were delicious all by themselves. The fritters were really wonderful and complimented the sweet fruit nicely. It was lots of fun to make and to eat. Thanks!
- 6 large ripe peaches
- 1⁄2 cup vin santo (sweet italian wine)
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 15 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- powdered sugar (for dusting at end)
Directions See How It's Made
- To start, you will want to prepare the peach mixture.
- Peel and pit your peaches and cut them into 1/2 inch wedges.
- In a large bowl combine the peaches with wine and 3 teaspoons sugar.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate it for 3 hours.
- To make the puffs, whisk ricotta, eggs, orange zest, 3 tablesppons sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk until mixture is smooth!
- Heat oven to its lowest setting and take a cookie sheet and line it with paper towels.
- Be sure to layer a couple of times to be able to absorb oil.
- Over medium-high heat, heat olive oil for about 7 minutes.
- Test the heat of your oil by dropping a TINY bit of the dough into it.
- If it bubbles right away, it is ready.
- If not, allow to continue heating until the dough will immediately bubble.
- Turn your oven off at this time.
- Taking a tablespoon, drop six level spoonfuls of dough into oil, using a small spoon to help you scrape them into the oil.
- Allow them to fry for 50 seconds per side, or until golden and puffed.
- Take puffs out of oil with a slotted spoon and place on cookie sheet and put in oven (that you turned off!) to keep them warm while others are cooking.
- Repeat the process until all of your puffs are made.
- Shake/sprinkle powdered sugar lightly over the puffs.
- Serve with peach mixture.