Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very beautiful & light dessert! Prep time is a little screwy.. it takes about 25 mins to get everything together... 3 hours to actually allow peaches to cool.. and 35 mins to fry fritters. Sorry if timing is a little off!)
- To start, you will want to prepare the peach mixture.
- Peel and pit your peaches and cut them into 1/2 inch wedges.
- In a large bowl combine the peaches with wine and 3 teaspoons sugar.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate it for 3 hours.
- To make the puffs, whisk ricotta, eggs, orange zest, 3 tablesppons sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk until mixture is smooth!
- Heat oven to its lowest setting and take a cookie sheet and line it with paper towels.
- Be sure to layer a couple of times to be able to absorb oil.
- Over medium-high heat, heat olive oil for about 7 minutes.
- Test the heat of your oil by dropping a TINY bit of the dough into it.
- If it bubbles right away, it is ready.
- If not, allow to continue heating until the dough will immediately bubble.
- Turn your oven off at this time.
- Taking a tablespoon, drop six level spoonfuls of dough into oil, using a small spoon to help you scrape them into the oil.
- Allow them to fry for 50 seconds per side, or until golden and puffed.
- Take puffs out of oil with a slotted spoon and place on cookie sheet and put in oven (that you turned off!) to keep them warm while others are cooking.
- Repeat the process until all of your puffs are made.
- Shake/sprinkle powdered sugar lightly over the puffs.
- Serve with peach mixture.