4 hrs 35 mins
This is a very beautiful & light dessert! Prep time is a little screwy.. it takes about 25 mins to get everything together... 3 hours to actually allow peaches to cool.. and 35 mins to fry fritters. Sorry if timing is a little off!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To start, you will want to prepare the peach mixture.
- 2Peel and pit your peaches and cut them into 1/2 inch wedges.
- 3In a large bowl combine the peaches with wine and 3 teaspoons sugar.
- 4Cover mixture and refrigerate it for 3 hours.
- 5To make the puffs, whisk ricotta, eggs, orange zest, 3 tablesppons sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- 6Whisk until mixture is smooth!
- 7Heat oven to its lowest setting and take a cookie sheet and line it with paper towels.
- 8Be sure to layer a couple of times to be able to absorb oil.
- 9Over medium-high heat, heat olive oil for about 7 minutes.
- 10Test the heat of your oil by dropping a TINY bit of the dough into it.
- 11If it bubbles right away, it is ready.
- 12If not, allow to continue heating until the dough will immediately bubble.
- 13Turn your oven off at this time.
- 14Taking a tablespoon, drop six level spoonfuls of dough into oil, using a small spoon to help you scrape them into the oil.
- 15Allow them to fry for 50 seconds per side, or until golden and puffed.
- 16Take puffs out of oil with a slotted spoon and place on cookie sheet and put in oven (that you turned off!) to keep them warm while others are cooking.
- 17Repeat the process until all of your puffs are made.
- 18Shake/sprinkle powdered sugar lightly over the puffs.
- 19Serve with peach mixture.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peaches w/ Ricotta Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.0
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 131.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: