1 hr 10 mins
This is another recipe from Barbara Ciletti's "Creative Pickling at Home." Ciletti states, "This recipe blends fresh peaches with crushed raspberries and a touch of nutmeg...As an option, place one peach seed in the bottom of each jar before packing. The flavor will be memorable." They are yummy plain or as a filling in cobblers or crisps. Try to consume them within 6 months for best flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and drain the peaches.
- 2Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Place the peaches in a wire basket, and dip them into the boiling water (or use a slotted spoon). Allow the peaches to stay in the pot for 2 minutes. Remove the basket, plunge the peaches inot a pan or sink of ice water, then drain.
- 3When the peaches are cool enough to handle, slip off the outer skins, cut in half and remove the pits. Place the peach halves in a colander and rinse quickly. Set peaches aside to drain while preparing the pickling solution.
- 4In a medium saucepan, bring the raspberries, sugar, wine vinegar, and nutmeg to a boil. Allow the mixture to bubble for 2--3 minutes. Lower the heat while packing the peaches, but remember to keep the liquid very hot.
- 5Gently spoon the peaches into hot, sterilized canning jars (with an optional cleaned and blanched peach seed). Pour the hot raspberry liquid over the fruit, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- 6Release the air bubbles. Clean the rims of the jars.
- 7Add the lids (follow manufacturer's instructions) and rings and tighten only fingertip tight.
- 8Process in a hot-water bath for 25 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool in a draft-free area before storing.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peaches Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (2224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 843.3
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 213.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 202.0 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar