Recipe by Marie
Fresh peaches and sour cream make this a wonderfully moist pound cake. Top with sweetened whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon for a real treat!
Top Review by Lemon Girl
This pound cake is sooooo GOOD!!! I used a combination of fresh nectarines and peaches and it turned out perfectly moist just like a good pound cake should be! Great recipe to use with your fresh ripe peaches or nectarines.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
- sweetened whipped cream (to garnish)
- cinnamon (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 10" tube pan.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in sour cream and chopped peaches.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick comes out clean, when tested.