Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Fresh peaches and sour cream make this a wonderfully moist pound cake. Top with sweetened whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon for a real treat!
- 1 cup soft butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
- sweetened whipped cream (to garnish)
- cinnamon (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 10" tube pan.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in sour cream and chopped peaches.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick comes out clean, when tested.
This pound cake is sooooo GOOD!!! I used a combination of fresh nectarines and peaches and it turned out perfectly moist just like a good pound cake should be! Great recipe to use with your fresh ripe peaches or nectarines.
We thought this recipe had really good flavor. The texture, however, was more like bread than pound cake, but it tasted great. Thanks for the recipe.
A lovely pound cake! I did use frozen peaches and cooked it 1 1/2 hours. Thanks Marie!