Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I'm not much of a baker, but even I can do this with a store-bought pie crust and canned peaches, if I don't have fresh.
- pastry for 9 inch pie shell
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 fresh peaches, peeled and halved or 1 can peach halves in syrup, drained
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare pastry.
- Stir together sugar and flour.
- Spread half the mixture in pastry-lined pie pan.
- Place peach halves cut side down on sugar.
- (Overlap halves if necessary).
- Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over peaches.
- Pour cream over peaches, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover edge with 2-3 inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
- (Remove foil last 15 minutes of baking.) Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake 30 to 35 minutes longer.
Yummy!! Very easy, especially if you use a store pie crust! All I did different was up the cinnamon to half a teaspoon. This is a good one!! Will make again. Thanks papergoddess!!