Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
Another mouth-watering-sounding recipe from TOH. Unlike many of the other 'peaches and cream' pies here, this one doesn't use pudding mix.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons ice water
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter (both amounts) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg and vinegar; add to flour mixture. Add water, 1 tbsp at a time until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out one portion to fit a 9-inch pie plate; transfer to pie plate. Trim pastry and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches and lemon juice.
- In another bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; stir in cream. Pour over peaches and gently toss to coat.
- Spoon into crust and dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust and seal and flute edges. Sprinkle with remaining tbsp sugar.
- Cover edge loosely with foil and bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for another 45-50 minutes or until peaches are tender and crust is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.