This is my grandmother's recipe...a very different, non-traditional peach pie that produces a creamy, almost cake-like dessert. Very easy, and best when served well-chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, pudding, egg, and milk.
- Pour into greased 10-inch pie plate.
- Layer drained peach slices on top of batter.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and peach juice and spread over peach slices.
- Mix together the 1 Tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until browned.
Excellent. Tastes as good as the name implies. I'd have liked it better without the cinnamon though.
Manda, we LOVED it! The only change I made was to add sugar to the bottom dough (4 tbsp). It is light and probably delicious with ice cream. We ate warm and just enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe. (Since there was no mention I used a 20 oz can of peaches.)