Recipe by Manda
This is my grandmother's recipe...a very different, non-traditional peach pie that produces a creamy, almost cake-like dessert. Very easy, and best when served well-chilled.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 can sliced peach, drained (reserving juice)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons peach juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, pudding, egg, and milk.
- Pour into greased 10-inch pie plate.
- Layer drained peach slices on top of batter.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and peach juice and spread over peach slices.
- Mix together the 1 Tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until browned.